Monday, April 07, 2008

Josh's Birthday Weekend!

We had a great weekend with the Brimer's celebrating Josh's birthday. They(mom, dad, 2 sisters and Bella) got in on Friday. On Saturday us girls went out for a little shopping while the boys took care of Bella. Then we had a wonderful dinner of steaks, salad and potato's. Josh said he was getting old because he didn't want to go out to dinner for his birthday. He wanted to stay at home and watch the basketball games on his new TV. So that's what we did. The Brimer's are big North Carolina fans so we were all a little upset about that game. On Sunday the girls left but Josh's parents stayed. Josh and his dad went to play golf and Bev and I went to Pike Nurseries. I got 2 trees and some flowers for my patio and it looks so pretty (I will post a pic later). Bev helped me pick everything out and plant them so thank you for your help and expertise, I love it all! We watched the Lady Vols Final Four victory last night and Josh has the day off today golfing with his parents again. We really enjoyed their visit and thank you for making Josh's birthday special.

Josh and Bella

Josh and I (sorry for the hair-do, it was a rainy day/night)
Josh and Chelsey (she got him a Destiny's child CD b/c they used to dance to it when they were younger)
Josh (being goofy) and his mom, Bev
Josh's birthday cake I made him. He doesn't like cakes and sweets but does love cookies so I fashioned a cake with some yummy chocolate chip and sugar cookies.
This picture was staged Friday night (that's why the shirt is different) because I wanted to get a picture of Josh with his cake but I knew cookies would get eaten by Saturday night, always thinking ahead!!

The Brimer clan! (We took a couple of these because everyone is trying to get Bella to look at the camera and kept concentrating on her. Those of with you babies can relate I'm sure!)
Bella and Aunt Chelsey!
Happy Birthday Josh, I hope you had a wonderful day and weekend because you deserve it so much! Sorry your golf club didn't come in so you could use it this weekend but hopefully it will be here soon!

3 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Looks like you had such a great weekend! It looks like TONS of fun!

Meredith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

How fun! I love the cookie cake, very clever!