Monday, July 16, 2007

Bootcamp update

Crunches-20 reps about 4-5 times
this example isn't exactly how we do then, we lift our knees to our chest

Side Plank (do each side)-20 sec each side


Plank hold-20 sec at a time


I forgot to mention this one and can't remember the name.

Again, we do these over and over almost like a series for about 45 minutes!

Today started the 2nd week of bootcamp and it did seem to be a little easier. That is until we has to sprint forward then backwards then forward again around these little cones over and over. It rained all weekend so the grass was soaking wet at 6:15 this morning and my feet were wet the entire time which was not that fun. Lacy asked if I could list some of the things we do and I started thinking that pretty much what we do is the basics. He mixes it up everyday but the things we do that you can do at home are: squats, lunges, push-ups, jumping jacks, plank holds (you get in the push up position but with your forearms under your chest, then you lift your lower body off the ground), this REALLY works your abs, side planks (this is where you lay on your side and hold yourself up with your elbow and your feet are straight out). This also works your abs but along the sides, obliques. Of course we do crunches as well and he has us do them with our knees up and our arms straight out and you just reach for the sky. My abs tell me that they are working. We continually do these over and over with some cardio like jogging or sprinting in between for 45 minutes, 3 days a week. I will keep you posted on whether it's working or not. My biggest fear is that I will bulk up and not loose any weight! Anyways, hope these help! I will add any news ones as he does. Have a great week everyone! Here are some illustrations.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

This is awesome Ashley I wish they had something like that up here!! Thanks for the exercises! Good luck with the weight loss, from experience I know how hard it can be!!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Thanks for the tips girl! I am going to work on this and try to get some baby weight off!! I am so proud of you for sticking with this!! Wish I was going to be there this weekend to see yall...have a great time!