Monday, July 09, 2007

Bootcamp Revolution

Well I decided to join a bootcamp and it started this morning. It is in my neighboorhood so it's easy to get to but that is about the only thing easy about it. It is 3 days a week for 1 month and it's 6:15 am to 7:00 am. I went this morning and I am still in a mild state of shock. As you know I trained for a 1/2 marathon not too long ago so I am not one to complain much about hard work but GEEZ! When he said bootcamp he meant it. We stared out running 3 laps, then stretched, then did a combination of jumping jacks, push-ups (the real ones), sit ups, lunges, squats, plank holds and SPRINTS for the next 40 minutes with no stopping. Yep, right in the middle of all this he would say ok, now sprint up the hill and back!!! So, this is not for wimps, this is the real deal and as much as I want to be in shape I am going to need some REAL motivation!! Anyways, I'll keep you posted on my progress, I must say if I don't loose weight after this then I give up!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Good for you girl! Sounds like a lot of work, but it will pay off. Hang in there...and keep us all updated!!

Darby said...

That is so awesome, Ashley!!! Good Luck!