Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Spice Up Sandwich Nite...

...minus the paperplate. I don't know about you all but Josh and I have sandwiches at least once a week. They are good and easy so why not? Well this week I thought I might try to spice them up a little instead of just white bread and oscar meyer meat. I got the original idea from Southern Living but altered it a little so you could pretty much use whatever you like.

I bought a round sourdough loaf (managers special for $1), deli turkey and ham, and provalone cheese. The recipe called for balsamic vinaigrette but I had Italian so I just used that.

You cut the top off the bread and scrape out the middle (you can save the inside for something else) as thick or thin as you want and cut into 4 wedges. Drizzle a little dressing on the bread, top and bottom. Layer your meats and cheeses (I drizzled a little more dressing in between some layers) and place the top back on. Bake it on 450 for about 10 minutes to heat it up and melt the cheese. Then I put lettuce, tomato, grey poupon and bacon on each one.

It was really tasty and again just a little variation from the typical sandwich, you've got to keep things interesting right?

Josh thinks I am a loser for blogging about sandwiches but at least I am blogging so you have something to look at and I have a reason to not do work this morning!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

that is such a good idea! And tell Josh he's a nerd for not blogging about sandwiches!...all the cool kids are doin it!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Love this, thanks for sharing your creativity with all of us. It is nice, b/c you get tired of all of the same old stuff!