Friday, February 01, 2008

High Maintenance

Mommy putting a cold wet towel on his head last night to help the itching
(it really seemed to work)

Poor red face I hope Dozer doesn't mind that I am exposing him but this shows his bumps and redness the most- these bumps are all over his body. Poor guy!

And Josh thought I was high maintenance...well poor Dozer is having some sort of allergic reaction to something. It started on Tuesday with some hives (small red bumps) and a little hacking here and there. His face is all red and he has some scabs where he has itched so much. We took him to the vet this morning (I can't believe I actually went, for those of you that don't know I have anxiety issues with the vet from my experience with my last bulldog...but that is another post) to have him checked out. He is having an allergic reaction of some sort (duh) and the Dr said treating it is not the hard part it's figuring out what is causing it and eliminating that so it won't happen again is the hard part. So I am going to make some minor adjustments at home that the Dr suggested and we will go from there. He got a shot of cortizone and 3 different types of meds so should feel better soon but lets just hope this was a fluke. If he continues to react like this then we will have to move on testing for food allergies which can be very time consuming and potentially costly. Anyways yet another health issue, I guess that's part of having a bulldog right? Oh and he is def worth it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor buddy! I'm sorry.
Love, Robin

Meredith said...

poor guy! that really stinks!! tell him we're thinking about him!!

Meredith said...

P.S. he looks like a fortune teller in the first pic!!

Josh and Courtney said...

AW!!! Poor thing! That first pic is hilarious though.. hehe!! :)