Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Labor Day




Well we followed the rules and didn't do much of anything for labor day. We had a big meal Sunday night after a day at the pool and several naps yesterday. That is my kind of Holiday! I included a picture of our labor day feast, what was left at least. Thank you Robin for a great recipe (Foil Chicken), it is truly one of Josh's favorites that I make. The only thing about it is it makes so much food and I always feel so bad with how much food we throw away. Oh well, it's YUMMY! Hope everyone had a great Labor Day Weekend!
Foil Chicken
by Robin Crabtree
Preheat oven to 350
Cook rice (Uncle Ben's Boil in bag-1 bag per serving)
Place cooked rice on foil
Potato cut into 4th around the rice
Chicken breast on the rice
Onion slice on the chicken
Tomato slice on the onion
Veggies stuffed in around the sides of chicken (I use brocolli and carrots)
Half a stick of butter on top of tomato
Lots of Garlic Salt
Wrap up and place on pan in oven
Cook for at least 1 and 1/2 hours (When I do more than two it usually takes longer)
ENJOY!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Looks like yall had a great time! I love that recipe too, I cook it all of the time!!

Anonymous said...

Another name for this is "Chicken in a Garden"! This is one of your dad's favorites, too. Love, Robin