Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Corey Smith




What an exciting week with my favorite author coming out with a new book and now one of my favorite singers has released his new CD. I first heard Corey Smith when I would visit Josh in Athens GA in college. He had a big presence there because he is from GA and went to school at UGA. Now he is very popular all across the southeast and selling out shows everywhere he goes. I really like Corey because of his lyrics mainly, every song tells a story and many that you can relate to. He is a great southern guy, with a family just trying to make it in the music industry. I have been to one of his shows and Josh has been to a couple of them. Yesterday I heard that he was going to be in Atlanta to release his new CD. The record store he was going to be at was 2 minutes from my place so we drove over there and got to listen to him sing 4 songs, shake his hand, talk with him, get his autograph and our picture with him. He is such a nice guy and joked around with Josh and was very patient with all his fans. It was a great experience and we had fun doing it! Jason is also a big fan so I got him a CD and had him sign it to Jason! Here are some pics!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Jason said he's gong to be coming here for the UT vs GA game!! We should all go hear because Jason has me hooked on his cd, but he said Josh said that he's really awesome live..