Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mixed Emotion Weekend!

When I found out Carrie's grandfathers funeral was going to be on Sunday I decided to go home for the weekend and when I found out about Erin getting engaged that made it even more worth the trip. On Friday I went to dinner with Mom, then I went to Erin's to celebrate her engagement. She must have been a closet wedding planner because you wouldn't believe how much she already has planned. Me, Hayley, Carrie and Carrie's cousin had fun looking at bridal magazine and hearing all about Erin's ideas. I can't believe my best friend is getting married!!!! On Saturday Josh's family invited me to go to dinner at Crown & Goose. For all you Knoxvillians, I would def recommend going to try it out and make sure to ask for the best server there, Chelsey!! Josh's little sister is working there so we went and sat at one of her tables. The concept is based around an English style pub, it's a really cool atmosphere and the food was excellent. We got the crab cake and fried green tomato appetizer and the deviled eggs, they were both delicious. I ordered the prime rib and although it was cooked different than I'm used to it was VERY good. The best part about dinner is that I got to spend time with Bella. I hadn't seen her since Christmas and I just can't believe how much she's changed. She's already scooting around on her belly, standing up with help, and waving at herself. She is the happiest baby I have ever seen. She did not whine or cry a single time and that was over several hours. We went back to Josh's sisters house afterwards and played with all her toys, she is so fun to watch because she is so happy and she will just scream with delight!!! I spent the rest of the night visiting with mom and watching Martian Child, really cute movie!! Then on Sunday we went to Carrie's grandfather's service. It was a really nice service and I'm glad I went. I hated seeing everyone under the circumstances but everyone seemed relieved that "Daddy Bill" had gone to be with the Lord, and that is right where he wanted to be. Here are some pics of the night at Erin's and I'm posting Bella pics in a different post.


Erin's gorgeous ring!
The Bride-to-be and Co Maid of Honor (Hayley is the other one)
*Notice the glasses, I got them for Erin, they have a diamond ring on them :)
The ecstatic bride-to-be
I just had to post this pic, I mentioned that Erin got a new puppy and this is proof that they are getting along well. I think this is just precious. It makes me want to get a brother for Dozer (Josh-don't comment ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Erin! I love your ring!
Much happiness,
Robin

Jeremy and Lacy said...

That is sooo great!! Her ring is gorgeous!!! She will make a beautiful bride!! Please tell her I said congrats!!