Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Moving Weekend

I have to admit this weekend was a little bittersweet for me. When Jason moved in with me 9 months ago I don't think any of us thought it would be as long and as fun as it ended up being. The intention was for him to get settled in ATL and be able to figure out the best living situation before jumping the gun. Well that is exactly what happened so as sad as I am to see him go, I'm really happy for him that he's found a great house, in a great location with guys from work that he has lots in common with. Jason, I'm so proud of you and your accomplishments in your job and your drive to make something of yourself in a new environment. Thank you for being a great roommate (most of the time) and making the past 9 months of getting settled into the house so much fun. I'm really going to miss you, even though you only live 15 minutes away :)

For those of you that don't know, Jason is my younger brother.

So anyways, I have Friday's off now and Meredith was in town to help so Friday we spent all day running errands and getting all the stuff that he needed, all the while Mom was pulling a Uhaul from Knoxville to Atlanta all by herself. Way to go MOM!! Once she got into town the 3 of us went to clean. How come when you rent a place they always say it's move in ready, and when you get there it's clearly not...I guess we have diferent views on what is "clean". Anyway, it wasn't gross just a lot of surface cleaning. All of the guys-Jason, Josh, Jesse and Dominick got off work and came over to get the heavy stuff unloaded. It went pretty quickly with that many guys. Overall it was a pretty easy move and I really like the house. Hope these pictures can give you an idea.
Sorry, I forgot to flip this once so look sideways, the kitchen...completely redone.

Great backyard, Jason loves the wall
Jason ended up taking the master bedroom so he is the only one with the bathroom in his room, this is his
Obviously Jason's room with the power T, the other guys are from Georgia and Auburn, that should be interesting


Upstairs living room, keep in mind that they aren't completely unpacked although I wouldn't be surprised if it still looked the same next time I'm there.
Other view of upstairs living room looking into the dining area. That is a fireplace in the middle.
Downstairs living room, this pic really doesn't do it justice. It's a large room with a wet bar, fireplace and a HUGE laundry room off to the side.


Ashley Crabtree

1 comment:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Aw...I am sure you are sad to see him move! I love his new house! It is really pretty. Thank you for posting pics so that we can all see it!