Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Minor Obsession

Just as a reminder this is what the "flower bed" (if you want to call it that) looked like when I moved in.

Working in the flower bed has become somewhat of a minor obsession of ours. On Sunday after getting Jason moved we decided to continue the process of sprucing up the flower bed. Me, Mom and Josh took a quick trip to Home Depot and had it done in no time. This first pic was taken awhile back before we evened out the money grass and planted seed in front of it where it was bare. Take a look at it all coming together now. It's a process but we are very pleased.

Before
After- We have GRASS!

I love hydrangas so I potted one


This one is along the sidewalk over in the shade surrounded by daylillies donated by mom.

Fern and Toppsy Turvy


Gardenia blooming, azaleas, lillies, hostas, begonias....I love it!!!





I didn't get pics of this but we have a small bed of lillies, mom donated the bulbs since she had so many and she even planted up a tomoto and green pepper plant in pots. We have lots going on and I love it! I'll update later if everything lives in this GA heat!


Ashley Crabtree

4 comments:

Bergs in the Burbs said...

That looks great Ashley! I'm jealous...everything I plant always dies...sad.

Teresa Johnson said...

Awesome! Doesn't it feel great when all your hard work in gardening finally pays off? Looks great!

Marion DaSilva said...

Ashley,

It's Marion DaSilva. I have been following your blog too! Thank you for all your positive thoughts.

Your garden looks wonderful. It's a lot of work though isn't it! I love hydrangeas too - by next year you will probably be able to cut some of the blooms to have in the house. I planted four of them the beginning of last year and I am enjoying them tremendously today.

Hopefully, I will see you soon.
Take care,
Marion

Jeremy and Lacy said...

This looks FABULOUS!! You are quite the gardener. I would kill it all! :) I can't keep anything alive!