Monday, October 29, 2007

Inspiration

My cheerleaders minus a few
Mile 5-still feeling pretty good
About to cross the finish line and about to die!
Meredith, Jason, Me, Mom and Josh
Me and my mom, she got me flowers!

Lacy and Darby's blogs about the Breast Cancer Race made me think back to when I ran the Atlanta Half Marathon. It will be a year ago on Thanksgiving. Praise the Lord I am not training right now like I was last year. Every day I had to run or at least walk. Running that race was well worth it but I wouldn't say the training was very fun. Anyways, I wanted to post pictures since I wasn't blogging at that time. For those of you that don't know I ran in honor of Robin (my stepmom). She is such a tremendous inspiration to all and especially me during my training and the actual race. I just thought of all she had to endure and I knew if she could win that fight then surely I can run a measly half marathon. I wish I could have been at your walk last weekend Robin, I know it was a very special day for you!
P.S. I ran it in about 2 hours and 45 minutes, here is a link to the results page if you are bored. As you can see I was almost last in my age group (20-24) but who cares...I finished right. I am number 338 http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/at03072.htm.

No comments: