Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Some cathing up to do!

Sorry I'm a little behind on posting but things have been a little hectic lately! So to catch you up...the weekend after 4th of July my Mom came to stay with us. Josh was going home that Saturday for Chelsey's birthday so I needed someone to come keep me company :)

She got in on Thursday night and we made a casserole with some fresh veggies from her garden and grilled pork chops. Friday afternoon Mom and I spent some time in VA Highlands going to all the little shops there. It was a different trip for me because usually Mom and I are literally shopping but on this trip we were just looking :( Stupid economy! We still had a great time and I hadn't taken her to that part of town before so we just enjoyed the day together. Josh stayed in ATL Friday night and treated us to a nice dinner. We took Mom to one of our favorite resturants, TWO Urban Licks! It's so yummy, we've been several times and always love what we get. Josh left early Sat morning and Mom and I got and and "summer cleaned" the entire day! Have I ever told you how wonderful my mom is? I know most of you know that already but she worked all day helping me get my house cleaned. We had been traveling so much I sort of neglected it and it really needed it. Don't get me wrong, I helped all day too but it was much more detailed because of mom. That night we enjoyed a quick visit from Jason and Meredith, some pizza and a movie. It was an all around great weekend, fun yet productive. Thank you again Mom for all that you do!!
Josh and I at TWO
Our yummy appetizer, not sure why I took a picture of this :)

The fabulous lighting at TWO, one of my favorite parts, and the back wall opens up to the outside and overlooks the city skyline....NICE!


The famous grill/rotisserie area

Mom and I stuffed from our yummy dinner!
Sorry, I didn't take any pics of us cleaning...I know...it's a shame ;)

Ashley Crabtree

2 comments:

Teresa Johnson said...

It's always so nice when mom comes to visit!

Meredith said...

you left out the best part!! Your free brand new drawers!!! haha