Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cheesy Chicken Simmer


We really enjoyed this meal, I didn't have to buy much and it didn't take long. Plus I found it on kraft.com and it said it was low calorie. I guess that could be true since you use very little cheese but anyways it was yummy and easy!


Prep Time:10 min
Total Time:30 min
Makes:4 servings


2 tsp. oil
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
2 cups frozen broccoli florets
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) 98% fat-free reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 lb. (4 oz.) VELVEETA Made With 2% Milk Reduced Fat Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut up
2 cups instant brown rice, prepared as directed on package
HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 min., turning after 3-1/2 min.
ADD broccoli; stir. Stir in soup and VELVEETA until well blended. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 7 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170ºF).
SERVE over the rice.


Notes:

*I used chicken tenders because they cook faster and seasoned them with seasoned salt

*I used white rice because we prefer that

*I did the cheese sauce separate from the chicken and combined them at the end when they were both ready, I just think that makes it easier to stir

*I added a little garlic salt for flavor


No comments: