Tuesday, March 13, 2007

PALE IS THE NEW TAN

I saw this slogan on a t-shirt last year and loved it!!! I would have bought the t-shirt but for some reason it was $25. Anyways, I just had 3 moles biopsied and the Dr. called back today to say that one was precancerous. It's nothing to be alarmed about right now because it's mild rather than moderate, severe or cancerous. I will have to go back in 4 months to have it reexamined. Of course the first thing I do is look on the internet at facts about precancerous moles and how to keep them from turning into Melanoma. Basically I am going to be pale for the rest of my life, they say to avoid the sun if at all possible. This is not that far off from the past few years since I have made a commitment not to go to the tanning bed anymore and have no time to lay out in the sun. This entry is really to encourage everyone to be very careful in the sun and in tanning beds. It's about that time again to start getting bathing suit ready but you have to ask yourself if it's really that important to have a great tan. I would rather be cancer free and have less wrinkles but that's just me. I will keep you posted on the troublesome mole and until then you can find me in the shade!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.