Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend!



Well I had a wonderful long weekend! Josh and I left Atlanta Thursday after work and spent the whole weekend at Norris Lake on his family's house boat. I just love the lake, it's so relaxing! We wake up to a wonderful breakfast, read a book, take a nap, ride on the pontoon boat and eat excellent dinners. I am in heaven at the lake! We came back Sunday so I could see my mom and stayed at her house for dinner! We decided to drive back to Atlanta at night to hopefully miss traffic. It was such a good idea because we made it in 3 hours. I slept the whole way again, thank you Josh for driving. Monday we laid out by the pool at the apartment and I guess I thought since I had been out in the sun all weekend I would be fine not to put sunscreen on, well that was a huge mistake that I am paying for today! The best part of the whole weekend was that Josh made dinner last night and it was WONDERFUL! He made a pot roast, broccoli casserole and mashed potatoes. Everything was so good and I went back for seconds which I hardly ever do. I am so glad that he takes after his dad and is a wonderful cook. The other part of my weekend was always making sure I had my cell phone or that is was getting reception (at the lake) in case I got the call that Lacy was in labor. I just knew she was going to come this weekend! Well I'm still waiting! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: